ATKINS, Va. - A crash early this morning, May 1st, just after 7:45AM has claimed one life. It happened near Route 11 and Old Tannery Road in Atkins, Virginia.
Virginia State Police tell News 5 a P-T Crusier was traveling south when it crossed the center lane and hit a Jaguar head-on.
The driver of the P-T Crusier, 52-year-old Carrie Stewart died at the scene of the crash. Her 7-year-old grandson was taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Ceneter with serious injuries.
The two people in the Jaguar were also taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane