ATKINS, Va. - A crash early this morning, May 1st, just after 7:45AM has claimed one life. It happened near Route 11 and Old Tannery Road in Atkins, Virginia.
Virginia State Police tell News 5 a P-T Crusier was traveling south when it crossed the center lane and hit a Jaguar head-on.
The driver of the P-T Crusier, 52-year-old Carrie Stewart died at the scene of the crash. Her 7-year-old grandson was taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Ceneter with serious injuries.
The two people in the Jaguar were also taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges
- New Griffith, Kitts set for showdown in Virginia 9th District debate
- Arby's to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states