The deadline to qualify for a run for the 38th District Virginia Senate seat is 5:00 p.m. Friday.
That is the seat vacated by Phil Puckett earlier this month.
Thursday night in Tazewell, the GOP selected attorney Ben Chafin to run for that office. He will run against the Democratic nominee, Tazewell County Board of Supervisors member Mike Hymes.
The special election is set for August 19th.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day