The deadline to qualify for a run for the 38th District Virginia Senate seat is 5:00 p.m. Friday.
That is the seat vacated by Phil Puckett earlier this month.
Thursday night in Tazewell, the GOP selected attorney Ben Chafin to run for that office. He will run against the Democratic nominee, Tazewell County Board of Supervisors member Mike Hymes.
The special election is set for August 19th.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game