BRISTOL, Va. - Quaker Steak & Lube's first week in downtown Bristol is wrapping up, and it was a busy one.
The restaurant opened on June 4, and the crowds haven't slowed down since. Brad Smith, a manager, says he is honored by how Bristol has responded it.
Friday night at Border Bash, customers waited up to an hour and a half for a table, and were doing so happily. Smith says the wings and hamburgers have been a big hit.
"Every restaurant opening, you're always busy for the first couple of weeks. We trained, we practiced very hard for it. We knew we'd be busy. But I have to say, we were a little bit busier than we thought we would be," he says.
On a normal day, Smith says customers usually wait less than 20 minutes, especially with smaller parties.
The Lube, as it's called, is located on the corner of State Street and Piedmont Avenue.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria