SMYTH Co., Va. - Several fires were being fought by multiple fire departments Sunday in Smyth County, Virginia.
According to the Emergency Management Director, one fire burned more than 400 acres in the Upper Poor Valley section of the county. The fire started Saturday afternoon and rekindled Sunday.
Another fire kept crews buy on Mason Dixon Drive in Marion. Five acres burned, but crews got the fire out Sunday evening.
A third fire was called in near the old hospital in Marion.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone