SMYTH Co., Va. - Several fires were being fought by multiple fire departments Sunday in Smyth County, Virginia.
According to the Emergency Management Director, one fire burned more than 400 acres in the Upper Poor Valley section of the county. The fire started Saturday afternoon and rekindled Sunday.
Another fire kept crews buy on Mason Dixon Drive in Marion. Five acres burned, but crews got the fire out Sunday evening.
A third fire was called in near the old hospital in Marion.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run