SMYTH Co., Va. - Several fires were being fought by multiple fire departments Sunday in Smyth County, Virginia.
According to the Emergency Management Director, one fire burned more than 400 acres in the Upper Poor Valley section of the county. The fire started Saturday afternoon and rekindled Sunday.
Another fire kept crews buy on Mason Dixon Drive in Marion. Five acres burned, but crews got the fire out Sunday evening.
A third fire was called in near the old hospital in Marion.
- New Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- Updated School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing