SMYTH Co., Va. - Several fires were being fought by multiple fire departments Sunday in Smyth County, Virginia.
According to the Emergency Management Director, one fire burned more than 400 acres in the Upper Poor Valley section of the county. The fire started Saturday afternoon and rekindled Sunday.
Another fire kept crews buy on Mason Dixon Drive in Marion. Five acres burned, but crews got the fire out Sunday evening.
A third fire was called in near the old hospital in Marion.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane