JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The recent rains are slowing repairs on a closed section of the Virginia Creeper Trail.
The U.S. Forest service closed three miles of the trail back in April after rain and snow over the winter created a safety hazard on one part of the trail.
Officials had hoped to have the trail re-opened by this weekend, but a forest service spokeswoman said this morning crews have only been able to complete about half of the needed repairs.
Because of the weather, there is no indication when the repairs will be completed.
Officials say 14-miles of the trail is still open.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early