JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - The recent rains are slowing repairs on a closed section of the Virginia Creeper Trail.
The U.S. Forest service closed three miles of the trail back in April after rain and snow over the winter created a safety hazard on one part of the trail.
Officials had hoped to have the trail re-opened by this weekend, but a forest service spokeswoman said this morning crews have only been able to complete about half of the needed repairs.
Because of the weather, there is no indication when the repairs will be completed.
Officials say 14-miles of the trail is still open.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Updated Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- Updated Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison