PITTSBURGH, Pa. - CONSOL Energy's Buchanan Mine Rescue team, near Oakwood, Va., took home first place honors in the Southern West Virginia Mine Rescue Contest held recently in Beckley, WV.
CONSOL Energy teams and their members earned 12 of the 24 trophies awarded at the two-day competition.
The Buchanan Black team earned first place overall in the Beckley competition while CONSOL Energy's McElroy Red team earned second place overall.
Members of the Buchanan Black team include Danny Quesenberry, Jeff Begley, Frankie McClanahan, Rocky Meadows, Greg Burress, Jackie Horn, Matt Sutherland, Josh Richardson and Tyler Richardson. Scott Honaker is the trainer for the Buchanan team.
CONSOL Energy teams earned a sweep of the top three team spots on day two of the daily competition. Buchanan Black earned first place on the first day and third place on the second day; McElroy Red won first place on the second day; and Enlow Fork's Green team earned second place on the second day.
In the individual contests, winners were as follows: (Bench-BG-4) Kevin Bee, Blacksville, first place; Keith Richardson, Buchanan Red team, second place; and John Helmick, Bailey Blue, third place; (First Aid) Enlow Fork's Green team, third place; and (Combination) Enlow Fork Green, second place
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial