After a tight race, CNN and the AP have declared Democrat Terry McAuliffe as the next governor of Virginia.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe beat Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the gubernatorial race.
McAuliffe and Cuccinelli have been in heated campaigns, often taking jabs at each other. Cuccinelli has criticized McAuliffe for not bringing promised jobs to Virginia with his ties to the company Green Tech.
Meanwhile, Cuccinelli has been battling reports that his office gave improper advice to two energy companies in a natural gas drilling royalty lawsuit.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape