After a tight race, CNN and the AP have declared Democrat Terry McAuliffe as the next governor of Virginia.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe beat Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the gubernatorial race.
McAuliffe and Cuccinelli have been in heated campaigns, often taking jabs at each other. Cuccinelli has criticized McAuliffe for not bringing promised jobs to Virginia with his ties to the company Green Tech.
Meanwhile, Cuccinelli has been battling reports that his office gave improper advice to two energy companies in a natural gas drilling royalty lawsuit.
- Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development