After a tight race, CNN and the AP have declared Democrat Terry McAuliffe as the next governor of Virginia.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe beat Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the gubernatorial race.
McAuliffe and Cuccinelli have been in heated campaigns, often taking jabs at each other. Cuccinelli has criticized McAuliffe for not bringing promised jobs to Virginia with his ties to the company Green Tech.
Meanwhile, Cuccinelli has been battling reports that his office gave improper advice to two energy companies in a natural gas drilling royalty lawsuit.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests