After a tight race, CNN and the AP have declared Democrat Terry McAuliffe as the next governor of Virginia.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe beat Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the gubernatorial race.
McAuliffe and Cuccinelli have been in heated campaigns, often taking jabs at each other. Cuccinelli has criticized McAuliffe for not bringing promised jobs to Virginia with his ties to the company Green Tech.
Meanwhile, Cuccinelli has been battling reports that his office gave improper advice to two energy companies in a natural gas drilling royalty lawsuit.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death