After a tight race, CNN and the AP have declared Democrat Terry McAuliffe as the next governor of Virginia.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe beat Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the gubernatorial race.
McAuliffe and Cuccinelli have been in heated campaigns, often taking jabs at each other. Cuccinelli has criticized McAuliffe for not bringing promised jobs to Virginia with his ties to the company Green Tech.
Meanwhile, Cuccinelli has been battling reports that his office gave improper advice to two energy companies in a natural gas drilling royalty lawsuit.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project