On Tuesday, August 20 and Wednesday, August 21, the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE) mobile classroom will visit several stops throughout Southwest Virginia as it makes its way to the Bristol Motor Speedway.
The mobile classroom features educational displays and highlights cutting-edge technology and advancements in a dynamic, interactive, and portable space.
ACCCE's "Clean Coal Technology: Fueling Our Future" tour is traveling the country to educate Americans about industry advancements in reducing emissions from coal-fueled power plants and providing American businesses, families, and communities with affordable, reliable electricity.
Representatives from ACCCE will be on hand to provide tours of the classroom and will also be available for interviews.
What: ACCCE's Mobile Classroom visits Southwest Virginia
Where and When: Below are the stops the Classroom will make on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tuesday, August 20
Stop 1: Tazewell County Chamber of Commerce Office, (Tazewell County, VA)
185 Tazewell Mall Cir., Tazewell, VA
8 to 10 AM ET
Stop 2: Sonnie's Quick Stop, (Buchanan County, VA)
1107 Contrary Creek Rd., Oakwood, VA
1 to 4 PM ET
Wednesday, August 21
Stop 1: Double "R" Trucking Company, INC, (Wise County, VA)
1035 Jefferson Road, Coeburn, VA
8 to 10 AM ET
Stop 2: Wise County and Russell County Chambers of Commerce, (Town of St. Paul)
St. Paul Town Hall, 16531 Russell St., St Paul, VA
Noon to 3 PM ET
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash