A circus performer was injured while doing a motorcycle stunt during a show in Roanoke.
Roanoke Civic Center general manager Robyn Schon tells media outlets that the motorcycle hit a wall. The performer was taken to a hospital.
Schon and Carilion Clinic spokesman Eric Ernhart said that the performer is in critical condition. Ernhart said he couldn't release additional details.
Schon says the accident occurred during the final act of Kazim Temple Shrine Circus' 10 a.m. show on Saturday.
The 3 p.m. show went on as scheduled Saturday. Two more shows are scheduled for Sunday.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend