LYNCHBURG, Va. - A federal appeals court in Virginia has rejected a Christian university's bid to overturn the Obama administration's health care reform law.
A unanimous three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit court of appeals today affirmed a lower court ruling dismissing Liberty University's lawsuit.
Liberty claimed that the law violates the school's religious rights by requiring it to provide coverage for abortion-inducing drugs.
The university also claimed the requirement that individuals buy health insurance or pay a penalty is unconstitutional.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction