BRISTOL, Va. - It was all about the glitz and glam on Saturday at Girls Inc. of Bristol.
Belmeade Formal Wear donated over 300 dresses to the organization. Girls were able to purchase formal dresses for $25 each.
The money raised by today's fundraiser w1ill go toward programming for the organization. Mary Shrader, Board Chairperson for the Girls Inc. of Bristol, says Saturday was all about making girls feel beautiful.
"The staff are tremendously here. They're always here to volunteer no matter what fundraiser we're doing, and this is a fundraiser. They're always involved. They're very excited. You know, they work with girls everyday. They love to be here to make girls feel beautiful and that's why we're here today, " Shrader says.
Girls Inc. sponsors several programs that focus on career and life planning, health and sexuality, and leadership and community action.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death