PULASKI, Va. - Caterpillar Incorporated is shutting down its Pulaski, Virginia plant and laying off 240 workers.
The company has decided to move its production of underground mining equipment to Pennsylvania.
oal haulers, coal scoops and other mining equipment were made at the plant.
A company spokesman says the move will make its underground mining business more efficient and competitive.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview