PULASKI, Va. - Caterpillar Incorporated is shutting down its Pulaski, Virginia plant and laying off 240 workers.
The company has decided to move its production of underground mining equipment to Pennsylvania.
oal haulers, coal scoops and other mining equipment were made at the plant.
A company spokesman says the move will make its underground mining business more efficient and competitive.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run