RICHMOND, Va. - A federal grand jury is in place in the case against the nutritional supplement maker with ties to Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell.
The FBI is investigating Star Scientific and McDonnell's relationship with the company's chief executive.
The Washington Post is reporting that republican delegate David Ramadan of Loudoun County has been subpoenaed to testify.
At the center of the case is a 15-thousand dollar wedding gift to McDonnell's daughter and whether the governor may have promoted the company's product in exchange for the gift.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017