RICHMOND, Va. - A federal grand jury is in place in the case against the nutritional supplement maker with ties to Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell.
The FBI is investigating Star Scientific and McDonnell's relationship with the company's chief executive.
The Washington Post is reporting that republican delegate David Ramadan of Loudoun County has been subpoenaed to testify.
At the center of the case is a 15-thousand dollar wedding gift to McDonnell's daughter and whether the governor may have promoted the company's product in exchange for the gift.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon