RICHMOND, Va. - A federal grand jury is in place in the case against the nutritional supplement maker with ties to Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell.
The FBI is investigating Star Scientific and McDonnell's relationship with the company's chief executive.
The Washington Post is reporting that republican delegate David Ramadan of Loudoun County has been subpoenaed to testify.
At the center of the case is a 15-thousand dollar wedding gift to McDonnell's daughter and whether the governor may have promoted the company's product in exchange for the gift.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game