BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A former volunteer firefighter in Southwest Virginia is now facing felony arson charges.
The Virginia Department of Forestry charged 19-year-old Shane Rife with starting the 375-acre airport mountain fire and the 65-acre spruce pine fires last month in Buchanan County.
Authorities say he was a member of the Grundy Fire Department for less than a year and is no longer a member of the department.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University