BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A Thursday night crash in Buchanan County results in the death of two Vansant, Virginia men.
The Virginia State Police say it happened on Route 80 in Council, Virginia just before ten o'clock.
VSP says a Chevy Malibu was driving west on Route 80 when it ran off the left side of the road. We're told that car flipped and hit a tree.
22-year-old Nathan Gilbert was driving that car. He and one of his passengers, 20-year-old Christopher Gilbert, died on the scene.
Two other passengers were hurt in the crash and taken to area hospitals. There's no word on their injuries.
VSP says none of the people in the car were wearing a seat belt, and we're told, alcohol was a factor in the crash.
That investigation is ongoing.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all