BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A Thursday night crash in Buchanan County results in the death of two Vansant, Virginia men.
The Virginia State Police say it happened on Route 80 in Council, Virginia just before ten o'clock.
VSP says a Chevy Malibu was driving west on Route 80 when it ran off the left side of the road. We're told that car flipped and hit a tree.
22-year-old Nathan Gilbert was driving that car. He and one of his passengers, 20-year-old Christopher Gilbert, died on the scene.
Two other passengers were hurt in the crash and taken to area hospitals. There's no word on their injuries.
VSP says none of the people in the car were wearing a seat belt, and we're told, alcohol was a factor in the crash.
That investigation is ongoing.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools