BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - We've learned a miner died in an accident in a Buchanan County mine Wednesday afternoon.
Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy spokesperson Tarah Kesterson tells us 41-year-old Michael Junior Justice, a maintenance supervisor and electrician, was working underground on a roof bolter at the CONSOL Buchanan Mine No. 1. A preliminary investigation determined he may have been electrocuted.
Justice was pronounced dead at Clinch Valley Medical Center at 12:30 p.m.
The actual cause of death will be determined after an autopsy. The DMME is investigating.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project