BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - We've learned a miner died in an accident in a Buchanan County mine Wednesday afternoon.
Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy spokesperson Tarah Kesterson tells us 41-year-old Michael Junior Justice, a maintenance supervisor and electrician, was working underground on a roof bolter at the CONSOL Buchanan Mine No. 1. A preliminary investigation determined he may have been electrocuted.
Justice was pronounced dead at Clinch Valley Medical Center at 12:30 p.m.
The actual cause of death will be determined after an autopsy. The DMME is investigating.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death