Buchanan County, Va. - A Greenbrier, Virginia man is sentenced to seven years behind bars, convicted of forgery and burglary.
Brian Eugene Gordon, 30, was found guilty of breaking into a home in Buchanan County, Virginia in 2011.
The family, whose home was burglarized, says Gordon stole a number of family heirlooms and robbed them of peace of mind in their own home.
The Commonwealth's Attorney's office says Gordon asked for an alternative sentence instead of a prison sentence, but his request was declined.
Gordon will have to serve four years on the burglary charge plus three additional years for violating his probation.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman