Buchanan County, Va. - A Greenbrier, Virginia man is sentenced to seven years behind bars, convicted of forgery and burglary.
Brian Eugene Gordon, 30, was found guilty of breaking into a home in Buchanan County, Virginia in 2011.
The family, whose home was burglarized, says Gordon stole a number of family heirlooms and robbed them of peace of mind in their own home.
The Commonwealth's Attorney's office says Gordon asked for an alternative sentence instead of a prison sentence, but his request was declined.
Gordon will have to serve four years on the burglary charge plus three additional years for violating his probation.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson