BUCHANAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Buchanan County man now faces charges in a shooting that happened Tuesday.
Sheriff Ray Foster tells News 5 it happened around 2:30 Tuesday afternoon in the Oakwood community.
Sheriff Foster says when deputies arrived, they found 44-year-old Travis Leslie Stanley had been shot several times. Travis was taken to Bristol Regional Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
His father, 64-year-old Doy Leslie Stanley is now charged with aggravated malicious wounding.
Doy Stanley is being held without bail at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Haysi.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend