BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A jury recommends a Buchanan County, Virginia woman spend nearly nine years behind bars after she's convicted of destroying evidence in a 2011 murder.
Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Arrington tells us Donna Sue Justus was convicted of helping Donald Young get rid of evidence connecting him to the June 23, 2011 murder of Danny Paul Justus.
The jury recommended Donna Justus spend eight years and ten months in a Virginia prison. That's just a little shy of the mandatory ten year sentence for the crime.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next