BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A jury recommends a Buchanan County, Virginia woman spend nearly nine years behind bars after she's convicted of destroying evidence in a 2011 murder.
Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Arrington tells us Donna Sue Justus was convicted of helping Donald Young get rid of evidence connecting him to the June 23, 2011 murder of Danny Paul Justus.
The jury recommended Donna Justus spend eight years and ten months in a Virginia prison. That's just a little shy of the mandatory ten year sentence for the crime.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire