BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A jury recommends a Buchanan County, Virginia woman spend nearly nine years behind bars after she's convicted of destroying evidence in a 2011 murder.
Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Arrington tells us Donna Sue Justus was convicted of helping Donald Young get rid of evidence connecting him to the June 23, 2011 murder of Danny Paul Justus.
The jury recommended Donna Justus spend eight years and ten months in a Virginia prison. That's just a little shy of the mandatory ten year sentence for the crime.
- New Hands On! Regional Museum announced partnership with the TVA
- New FAA commercial drone regulations took effect today
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County