BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A jury recommends a Buchanan County, Virginia woman spend nearly nine years behind bars after she's convicted of destroying evidence in a 2011 murder.
Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Arrington tells us Donna Sue Justus was convicted of helping Donald Young get rid of evidence connecting him to the June 23, 2011 murder of Danny Paul Justus.
The jury recommended Donna Justus spend eight years and ten months in a Virginia prison. That's just a little shy of the mandatory ten year sentence for the crime.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting