BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A jury recommends a Buchanan County, Virginia woman spend nearly nine years behind bars after she's convicted of destroying evidence in a 2011 murder.
Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Arrington tells us Donna Sue Justus was convicted of helping Donald Young get rid of evidence connecting him to the June 23, 2011 murder of Danny Paul Justus.
The jury recommended Donna Justus spend eight years and ten months in a Virginia prison. That's just a little shy of the mandatory ten year sentence for the crime.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns