Two people are dead after a fiery crash in Buchanan County.
The crash happened just on Route 460 near Vansant less than a mile from Route 83.
A Toyota SUV was traveling east on Route 460 when it crossed the centerline and hit a Honda Element head on. The Toyota burst into flames and was completed destroyed.
A passenger in the Toyota, 75-year-old Billy Joe Carter of Grundy died after arriving at the hospital. The passenger of the Honda, Charles Baker, 52 of Grundy died at the scene.
Both drivers were transported to Holston Valley Hospital with serious injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
- 17 arrested for alleged hazing incident near Radford University
- Gov. McAuliffe shares proudest, hardest moments of his term
- Authorities searching for missing 72-year-old Hawkins County man
- Coroner: Accused Ky. lawmaker's death apparently suicide
- Another N. Carolina church offers sanctuary from deportation