BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - Virginia State Police said they are investigating a fatal crash involving a dump truck.
VSP said the accident happened at 9 a.m. Saturday, November 9 on Route 615 in Buchanan County 1.6 miles west of Route 460 Business.
Virginia State Police Trooper C.J. Burkes said 28-year-old Dustin J. Ratliff pulled his dump truck on to Route 615 with the bed raised.
The truck hit some utility wires, ran off the road and hit a guardrail. VSP said the bed came off the truck at this point.
The truck then hit some trees and rolled over.
Ratliff died at the scene. VSP said he was not wearing a seat belt.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College