BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - CONSOL Energy is temporarily idling a mine in southwest Virginia.
Buchanan Mine in Buchanan County, Virginia will stop operations for 30 to 60 days. CONSOL says most of the 620 workers will be furloughed.
The company is blaming a decline in global steel demand. That mine produces metallurgical coal used to make steel.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day