BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - CONSOL Energy is temporarily idling a mine in southwest Virginia.
Buchanan Mine in Buchanan County, Virginia will stop operations for 30 to 60 days. CONSOL says most of the 620 workers will be furloughed.
The company is blaming a decline in global steel demand. That mine produces metallurgical coal used to make steel.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend