BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - CONSOL Energy is temporarily idling a mine in southwest Virginia.
Buchanan Mine in Buchanan County, Virginia will stop operations for 30 to 60 days. CONSOL says most of the 620 workers will be furloughed.
The company is blaming a decline in global steel demand. That mine produces metallurgical coal used to make steel.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport