BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - CONSOL is keeping the Buchanan County mine in Virginia, because of the type of coal it produces.
CONSOL Energy Inc. is however, selling all five of its longwall coal mines in West Virginia to Ohio-based Murray Energy for $3.5 Billion. Pennsylvania-based CONSOL says the deal for its Consolidation Coal Company subsidiary is good for long-term growth. Consol is selling McElroy mine, shoemaker mine, Robinson Run mine, Loveridge mine, and Blacksville Number 2 mine, plus River and Dock operations. The mines produced a combined 28.5 million tons in 2012. The Unitned Mine Workers Of America says the deal doesn't change anything for union workers.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction