BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A Buchanan County, Virginia man has been sentenced to life behind bars.
The Buchanan County Commonwealth's Attorney says a judge sentenced 62-year-old Donald Young to life in prison for first degree murder Thursday.
In July, Young was convicted of the murder of Danny Paul Justus back in June of 2011.
We've learned trial testimony revealed Young was the next-door neighbor to Justus.
Other neighbors say the night of the murder, they heard a gunshot and found Justus lying on the edge of the road. Attorneys say Young admitted to shooting Justus but said it was done in self defense.
We've learned it took the jury only 30 minutes to return a guilty verdict.
Young was also convicted and sentenced to three years in prison for the use of a firearm in the commission of murder.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University