BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - Buchanan County, Virginia authorities arrested a man for the 2011 murder of Lee Roy Shortridge.
Shortridge's body was discovered in November of 2011 in a creek near his home at Watkins Street and authorities have been looking for the person responsible.
We've learned that following an investigation, David Gilbert of War, West Virginia is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and first degree felony murder.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Haysi, Virginia.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend