BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - Buchanan County, Virginia authorities arrested a man for the 2011 murder of Lee Roy Shortridge.
Shortridge's body was discovered in November of 2011 in a creek near his home at Watkins Street and authorities have been looking for the person responsible.
We've learned that following an investigation, David Gilbert of War, West Virginia is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and first degree felony murder.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Haysi, Virginia.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities