BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - Buchanan County, Virginia authorities arrested a man for the 2011 murder of Lee Roy Shortridge.
Shortridge's body was discovered in November of 2011 in a creek near his home at Watkins Street and authorities have been looking for the person responsible.
We've learned that following an investigation, David Gilbert of War, West Virginia is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and first degree felony murder.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Haysi, Virginia.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape