Buchanan County deputies are investigating after a 7-year old was found dead in a home off Wimmer Gap Road.
An adult and another child were also found inside.
According to Sheriff Ray Foster, BCSO and rescue personnel were called to the home after the three people were found unresponsive in the residence.
The 7-year old boy was pronounced dead on the scene. The other two were taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Investigators are looking into what caused the death an illness.
Foster said they believe it may be related to an alternate heat source used in the home. He urges everyone to make sure any alternate heat sources have proper ventilation and that functioning alarm devices are installed in the home.
- Updated American Merchant investing $19M, creating 400 new jobs in Bristol, Virginia
- Controversial Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault
- UPDATE: Tennessee boy overwhelmed by support after viral bullying video
- Man deported after rape conviction in Tennessee tried to enter U.S.
- Turbulent U.S. Senate race in Alabama now in the hands of the voters