BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - New information is available this afternoon on a shooting in Buchanan County, Virginia we told you about last week.
Sheriff Ray Foster tells News 5 the train conductor, Mark Jarrell, accidentally shot himself. It happened in Hurley around 8:30 last Thursday night.
Jarrell is out of the hospital after being treated for the gunshot wound to the shoulder.
The sheriff says charges are pending and he expects to release more information later today.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane