BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - New information is available this afternoon on a shooting in Buchanan County, Virginia we told you about last week.
Sheriff Ray Foster tells News 5 the train conductor, Mark Jarrell, accidentally shot himself. It happened in Hurley around 8:30 last Thursday night.
Jarrell is out of the hospital after being treated for the gunshot wound to the shoulder.
The sheriff says charges are pending and he expects to release more information later today.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial