BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - New information is available this afternoon on a shooting in Buchanan County, Virginia we told you about last week.
Sheriff Ray Foster tells News 5 the train conductor, Mark Jarrell, accidentally shot himself. It happened in Hurley around 8:30 last Thursday night.
Jarrell is out of the hospital after being treated for the gunshot wound to the shoulder.
The sheriff says charges are pending and he expects to release more information later today.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo