BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A Kentucky man has been charged in connection with the murder of a Buchanan County, Virginia man that happened in December.
The Buchanan County Sheriff's Office says a grand jury indicted Terry Dean Ramey, of Mouthcard, Kentucky, on charges of first degree murder, robbery, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
35-year-old Ramey was arrested at his home by Kentucky State Police Friday, accused in the death of Freddie Jacob Bailey on December 12, 2012.
Officers say Bailey's body was found in the Jacks Creek area of the county. The medical examiner says Bailey died from a gunshot wound.
The Sheriff's Office says Ramey is being held in the Pike County, Kentucky Detention Center, pending extradition back to Virginia. He is being held without bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City