BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A Kentucky man has been charged in connection with the murder of a Buchanan County, Virginia man that happened in December.
The Buchanan County Sheriff's Office says a grand jury indicted Terry Dean Ramey, of Mouthcard, Kentucky, on charges of first degree murder, robbery, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
35-year-old Ramey was arrested at his home by Kentucky State Police Friday, accused in the death of Freddie Jacob Bailey on December 12, 2012.
Officers say Bailey's body was found in the Jacks Creek area of the county. The medical examiner says Bailey died from a gunshot wound.
The Sheriff's Office says Ramey is being held in the Pike County, Kentucky Detention Center, pending extradition back to Virginia. He is being held without bond.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting