BUCHANAN COUNTY, Va. - A Kentucky man has been charged in connection with the murder of a Buchanan County, Virginia man that happened in December.
The Buchanan County Sheriff's Office says a grand jury indicted Terry Dean Ramey, of Mouthcard, Kentucky, on charges of first degree murder, robbery, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
35-year-old Ramey was arrested at his home by Kentucky State Police Friday, accused in the death of Freddie Jacob Bailey on December 12, 2012.
Officers say Bailey's body was found in the Jacks Creek area of the county. The medical examiner says Bailey died from a gunshot wound.
The Sheriff's Office says Ramey is being held in the Pike County, Kentucky Detention Center, pending extradition back to Virginia. He is being held without bond.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated