Officials with Bristol Virginia Public Schools announced plans for a public memorial service to honor a recent Virginia High graduate killed in a crash over the weekend.
The time of remembrance for Michael Evan Watkins will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. on Tuesday at Virginia High School inside the facility's library, according to information provided by the system.
Watkins, 19, was found dead inside an SUV that had crashed early Sunday morning on King College Road. He graduated from the Bristol, Virginia school last year.
School and staff counselors will be on-hand for the service, the report said.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder