A nurse at Brookdale Senior Assisted Living in Bristol Virginia struck a plea bargain Thursday on charges he abused a 94-year-old woman.
Nursing assistant Alex Samaniego, 26, of Hansonville, Va., was originally charged with felony unlawful wounding but he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor abuse and was given four months to serve in jail on weekends.
He was arrested in January after Brookdale officials reported to police that video cameras captured him throwing the woman to a couch and restraining her, using his arm and body weight to her chest and neck.
They also reported he admitted slapping her and that he had been abusing her for a month. She was treated for bruises and abrasions.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County
- Chilhowie's 1970 state championship team ready to 'pass the torch'