BRISTOL, Va. - UPDATE 11:00 a.m.
Bristol, Virginia police now say they know who the suspect is in a stabbing which occurred early Thursday morning.
The incident happened on Goode Street just off Commonwealth Avenue shortly after 3 a.m. Thursday. Police said the incident began as an argument between two people who knew each other, and then escalated.
When police arrived, the suspect took off on foot.
Detective Dave Blanken, said that "patrol received a call of some possible intoxicated persons around 855 State Street. When they arrived, they located a homeless male who had been stabbed by another male who had fled the scene."
The victim has been taken to the hospital and has been treated and released. Police added they know who the suspect is and are confident they will locate him today.
News 5 will have updates as they become available.
Bristol, Virginia police are searching for the suspect in a stabbing case.
Authorities say the stabbing happened after 3 a.m. Thursday on Goode Street, which is just off Commonwealth Avenue.
According to police, the suspect in the case took off on foot. He is described as a male in a red shirt and believed to have an injured hand.
Police are running patrols in the downtown area looking for the suspect.
- New Former Ball employees 'cautiously optimistic' of new textile plant
- State parks hosting "First Day Hikes"
- UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season