UPDATE, 5:00 p.m.
A BVU official reported that all but three customers have had their power restored.
Officials with Bristol Virginia Utilities are working to restore power to more than 800 customers following a lightning strike at a sub station on Thursday afternoon.
An agency spokesperson said the strike occurred in the King Ridge area near Bristol Compressors. An online outage map currently lists 883 customers without electric service.
An outage can be reported by calling (276) 821-6000. An updated outage map can be viewed by clicking here.
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need
- Sheriff: Homicide victim identified in Hawkins County