BRISTOL, Va. - 10 p.m. update: According to BVU, 98% of people affected should be back up and running. There is a small area around exit 7 that crews are still working to repair.
BVU officials say lightning struck a sub station in North Bristol Saturday night, knocking out power to thousands of customers.
They say crews are currently working on restoring power, but for the time being about 3,700 customers are without power.
- Disney Animation, Pixar chief John Lasseter taking leave
- Homes with a heart: local United Way initiative offers shelter for families in need
- Parents urged to take a look at "Trouble in Toyland" report before Christmas shopping
- Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination