A bicyclist is recovering Tuesday after police say he was hit on the road in Bristol, Virginia, by a vehicle.
Police said the incident occurred just after dusk Monday on King Mill Pike near Harlow Place. The driver is not facing charges.
News 5 spoke with the mother of the bicyclist. She said he bumped his knee but is doing just fine. His bike is slightly damaged but can be fixed.
The mother added she is touched that so many people have reached out, calling Bristol a "fantastic place to live" because people watch out for each other.
- Smyth County animal shelter temporarily shutting down
- Kingsport Police arrest man wanted in multiple cities
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone