A 13-year-old boy has died after an ATV crash in Pittsylvania County.
Virginia State Police said in a news release that 13-year-old Christopher Bowden was riding as a passenger on the ATV when it ran off the side of a driveway and struck a tree Thursday evening.
Bowden, who was not wearing a helmet, died at the scene.
It is unclear whether the boy who was driving the ATV was injured.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend