A 13-year-old boy has died after an ATV crash in Pittsylvania County.
Virginia State Police said in a news release that 13-year-old Christopher Bowden was riding as a passenger on the ATV when it ran off the side of a driveway and struck a tree Thursday evening.
Bowden, who was not wearing a helmet, died at the scene.
It is unclear whether the boy who was driving the ATV was injured.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death