A 13-year-old boy has died after an ATV crash in Pittsylvania County.
Virginia State Police said in a news release that 13-year-old Christopher Bowden was riding as a passenger on the ATV when it ran off the side of a driveway and struck a tree Thursday evening.
Bowden, who was not wearing a helmet, died at the scene.
It is unclear whether the boy who was driving the ATV was injured.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bristol, Va. school system operating under tight budget; asking city for extra funds
- Appalachian Power inspecting 600,000 power poles for any structural damage
- More accidents expected as Mt. Carmel speed cameras expire
- Mount Carmel BMA considers town park expansion
- Bluff City speed cam offline in 2019