Lieutenant governor of Virginia Bill Bolling says he's pulling out of the race for governor.
He was hoping to get the Republican party's nomination for the 2013 race but decided after 21 years of public service to no longer campaign.
Bolling said it was a difficult decision and was worried that running against Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli would only divide the Republican party in Virginia.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash