CHANTILLY, Va. - Airport officials say the body of a man has been found in the wheel well of a South African Airways plane parked at Washington Dulles International Airport.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority says the body was found around 1:30 p.m. Saturday by ground crew members assigned to the aircraft. The Airbus A340 was sitting in a remote parking area at the time.
Airport officials say the circumstances of the man's death are under investigation. The body will be turned over to the Fairfax County Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
Officials say operations at the airport were unaffected by the discovery.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early