Virginia - The man who was once Virginia's Attorney General, and is a Scott County native, was on the witness stand today in the corruption trial of former governor Bob McDonnell and his wife, Maureen.
This is day 12 of the trial in Richmond. The former first couple is charged with accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from Jonnie Williams, who was the CEO of a nutritional supplements company.
Former Attorney General, Jerry Kilgore started testifying Monday and continued this morning.
Kilgore is now a private attorney and represented Williams in his unsuccessful attempt to get a state grant for research.
- New U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Updated Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer