Virginia - The man who was once Virginia's Attorney General, and is a Scott County native, was on the witness stand today in the corruption trial of former governor Bob McDonnell and his wife, Maureen.
This is day 12 of the trial in Richmond. The former first couple is charged with accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from Jonnie Williams, who was the CEO of a nutritional supplements company.
Former Attorney General, Jerry Kilgore started testifying Monday and continued this morning.
Kilgore is now a private attorney and represented Williams in his unsuccessful attempt to get a state grant for research.
- New Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal
- Updated Live to Tell: Dragon crash victim describes ordeal
- New Paralyzed hiker finishes 2,000-plus mile journey
- Updated UPDATE: Carter County rape, incest suspect appears in court
- Updated Barter Theatre announces 2017 lineup