The corruption trial against former Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, will go to trial.
Today a judge tossed out a motion to dismiss most of the charges against the couple.
The judge also ruled the former first couple should be tried together rather than apart.
The McDonnells were charged in January of accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from a dietary supplements maker in exchange for helping promote his products.
The trial will take place this summer.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin