TAZEWELL, Va. - Main Street in Tazewell, VA was reopened Wednesday morning after crews contained a large fire that destroyed a local thrift store.
Flames destroyed Guru's Thrift Store Tuesday night.
The Neo Law Office, inside the adjacent old bank building, was also damaged.
Surrounding businesses suffered water damage.
Those affected included Becker's Jewel Box & Diamond, Van's Computer Service and the Main Street Barber Shop.
Crews from six departments worked to contain the blaze.
The cause remains under investigation.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson