TAZEWELL, Va. - Main Street in Tazewell, VA was reopened Wednesday morning after crews contained a large fire that destroyed a local thrift store.
Flames destroyed Guru's Thrift Store Tuesday night.
The Neo Law Office, inside the adjacent old bank building, was also damaged.
Surrounding businesses suffered water damage.
Those affected included Becker's Jewel Box & Diamond, Van's Computer Service and the Main Street Barber Shop.
Crews from six departments worked to contain the blaze.
The cause remains under investigation.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development