TAZEWELL, Va. - Main Street in Tazewell, VA was reopened Wednesday morning after crews contained a large fire that destroyed a local thrift store.
Flames destroyed Guru's Thrift Store Tuesday night.
The Neo Law Office, inside the adjacent old bank building, was also damaged.
Surrounding businesses suffered water damage.
Those affected included Becker's Jewel Box & Diamond, Van's Computer Service and the Main Street Barber Shop.
Crews from six departments worked to contain the blaze.
The cause remains under investigation.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project