BRISTOL, Va. - Con artists are once again posing as representatives of the National Do Not Call Registry in order to steal your personal banking information.
Here is how it works. The scammer calls and asks you to register your number. Some ask for personal information, some even ask for money up front.
The Better Business Bureau reminds everyone to never give out personal information over the phone.
The real Do Not Call Registry is free.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests