BRISTOL, Va. - Con artists are once again posing as representatives of the National Do Not Call Registry in order to steal your personal banking information.
Here is how it works. The scammer calls and asks you to register your number. Some ask for personal information, some even ask for money up front.
The Better Business Bureau reminds everyone to never give out personal information over the phone.
The real Do Not Call Registry is free.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport