BRISTOL, Va. - Con artists are once again posing as representatives of the National Do Not Call Registry in order to steal your personal banking information.
Here is how it works. The scammer calls and asks you to register your number. Some ask for personal information, some even ask for money up front.
The Better Business Bureau reminds everyone to never give out personal information over the phone.
The real Do Not Call Registry is free.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane