BRISTOL, Va. - Con artists are once again posing as representatives of the National Do Not Call Registry in order to steal your personal banking information.
Here is how it works. The scammer calls and asks you to register your number. Some ask for personal information, some even ask for money up front.
The Better Business Bureau reminds everyone to never give out personal information over the phone.
The real Do Not Call Registry is free.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day