RICHMOND, Va. - A deadline is looming for the recount in Virginia's race for attorney general.
Localities re-tabulating the Nov. 5 vote are scheduled to complete their work by Wednesday as officials with the State Board of Elections begin tabulating the recount in Richmond with a team of accountants.
Unofficial results show Democrat Mark Herring widening his lead over Republican Mark Obenshain. State elections officials certified Herring the winner by 165 votes, but Obenshain petitioned for the recount.
The results of the recount should be known by week's end.
The loser has one more option - to seek a contested election before the General Assembly.
- Updated Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Updated Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Updated Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween
- Updated Kids given farm lessons at "Ag in the Classroom"
- New Animal Shelter Thrift Store in Johnson City closing in Dec