RICHMOND, Va. - A deadline is looming for the recount in Virginia's race for attorney general.
Localities re-tabulating the Nov. 5 vote are scheduled to complete their work by Wednesday as officials with the State Board of Elections begin tabulating the recount in Richmond with a team of accountants.
Unofficial results show Democrat Mark Herring widening his lead over Republican Mark Obenshain. State elections officials certified Herring the winner by 165 votes, but Obenshain petitioned for the recount.
The results of the recount should be known by week's end.
The loser has one more option - to seek a contested election before the General Assembly.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood