RICHMOND, Va. - An official winner is being declared in the race of Virginia's attorney general.
The state's board of elections ruled that Democratic state senator Mark Herring officially beat Republican state senator Mark Obenshain by just 165 votes out of 2.2 million. That margin is so close that Obenshain is legally allowed to petition for a recount.
His campaign manager says they will continue to review the results over the next few days before they make such a request.
Obenshain has 10 days to file a recount.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting