RICHMOND, Va. - An official winner is being declared in the race of Virginia's attorney general.
The state's board of elections ruled that Democratic state senator Mark Herring officially beat Republican state senator Mark Obenshain by just 165 votes out of 2.2 million. That margin is so close that Obenshain is legally allowed to petition for a recount.
His campaign manager says they will continue to review the results over the next few days before they make such a request.
Obenshain has 10 days to file a recount.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs