WASHINGTON CO., Va. - Police arrest 18-year-old Colin Beecroft after a high speed chase.
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman says the chase started around 3:00 Sunday morning after a call about reckless driving in the Lowry Hills subdivision, near John Battle High School.
We're told deputies chased the car onto Lee Highway and into Abingdon going about 75-miles an hour.
Sheriff Newman says spike strips were used to stop the car.
Beecroft was arrested and we're told he is facing charges for reckless driving and eluding police.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone