If you want a Virginia license plate to commemorate The Crooked Road, Virginia’s Heritage Music Trail, applications are now being taken.
Officials made the announcement on Tuesday. Once The Crooked Road has received at least 450 pre-paid applications for the plate, a bill will be introduced in the Virginia General Assembly authorizing the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles to license the plate. After 1,000 plates are sold, the state will share a portion of the annual revenue with The Crooked Road to support the organization’s work.
The first 450 applicants will be eligible for a drawing to win one of three prize packages from The Crooked Road, including a grand prize of Crooked Road hats and shirts, Crooked Road CDs, an autographed Crooked Road art postal signed by P. Buckley Moss, tickets to Dr. Ralph Stanley’s Hills of Home and HoustonFest Bluegrass Festivals, and two all-access passes to over 20 concerts during The Crooked Road’s fourth annual Mountains of Music Homecoming in June 2018.
If you’re interested in applying, click here. You can also call 276-492-2409 for more information.
- New State parks hosting "First Day Hikes"
- UPDATE: Judge rules Azotea's murder confession admissible in jury trial
- UPDATE: Donald Trump Jr. denies Hawkins County, Tennessee land offer
- Good Samaritan Ministries still need sponors for 500 people in need this holiday season
- Local Subway restaurants donating sandwiches to non-profits to show appreciation