VIRGINIA - A Virginia Federal Appeals Court has scheduled arguments for the constitutional ban on same-sex marriage for May.
The case will be expedited to the Richmond court.
The Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will receive briefs later this month. They will hear the appeals of a federal judge's ruling declaring the state's ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
The expedited review had been sought by two same-sex couples, along with Attorney General Mark Herring, who challenged the ban.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend