VIRGINIA - A Virginia Federal Appeals Court has scheduled arguments for the constitutional ban on same-sex marriage for May.
The case will be expedited to the Richmond court.
The Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will receive briefs later this month. They will hear the appeals of a federal judge's ruling declaring the state's ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
The expedited review had been sought by two same-sex couples, along with Attorney General Mark Herring, who challenged the ban.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment