VIRGINIA - A Virginia Federal Appeals Court has scheduled arguments for the constitutional ban on same-sex marriage for May.
The case will be expedited to the Richmond court.
The Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will receive briefs later this month. They will hear the appeals of a federal judge's ruling declaring the state's ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
The expedited review had been sought by two same-sex couples, along with Attorney General Mark Herring, who challenged the ban.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record