VIRGINIA - A Virginia Federal Appeals Court has scheduled arguments for the constitutional ban on same-sex marriage for May.
The case will be expedited to the Richmond court.
The Fourth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will receive briefs later this month. They will hear the appeals of a federal judge's ruling declaring the state's ban on same-sex marriages unconstitutional.
The expedited review had been sought by two same-sex couples, along with Attorney General Mark Herring, who challenged the ban.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next