Appalachian Sustainable Development received $50,000 from Newman's Own Foundation.
The focus of the grant will be in three locations: Buchanan, Dickenson and Lee Counties.
The organization says it will use the money to increase the consumption of fresh, healthy foods. That includes teaching people how to grow, preserve and market their own food.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school