Appalachian Sustainable Development received $50,000 from Newman's Own Foundation.
The focus of the grant will be in three locations: Buchanan, Dickenson and Lee Counties.
The organization says it will use the money to increase the consumption of fresh, healthy foods. That includes teaching people how to grow, preserve and market their own food.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect