Appalachian Sustainable Development received $50,000 from Newman's Own Foundation.
The focus of the grant will be in three locations: Buchanan, Dickenson and Lee Counties.
The organization says it will use the money to increase the consumption of fresh, healthy foods. That includes teaching people how to grow, preserve and market their own food.
- Updated Umpire at Little League World Series is from Abindgon
- Updated Take a two-day train excursion through West Virginia
- Updated Workforce development grant providing students training opportunities
- Local kids get an educational tour of the Appalachian Fair
- Lee County man sentenced to 13 years for sexual assault against minor