BRISTOL, Va. - Saturday was collection day for a local food drive.
The Annual Junior League Food Drive has been taking place at area Food City stores all week long.
On Saturday representatives were in the stores encouraging people to make donations to help the hungry in the region.
Becky Moore, a Junior League member says all the food will stay right here, "It stays in our community which is the big point for the whole weekend, that any food that we get we'll save and give to our children and families here."
All of the donated food will benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee and Feeding American of Southwest Virginia.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day