Alpha Natural Resources is unveiling a training center for coal miners in West Virginia.
The Bristol, Virginia based company says the world's best technology that could save lives will be available to miners.
The Running Right Leadership Academy has a model coal mine to simulate realistic and dangerous situations that miners can prepare for in case they happen.
The academy came out of a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice after the Upper Big Branch Mine Disaster.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone