Alpha Natural Resources says one of its mines is getting back to business.
The Bristol-based coal producer says its subsidiary, Cumberland Coal Resources has resolved conditions at their facility and operations resumed in Greene County, Pennsylvania.
Alpha's president says while mining and coal shipments have resume, personnel are gradually ramping up operations while monitoring mine safety conditions.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region