Alpha Natural Resources says one of its mines is getting back to business.
The Bristol-based coal producer says its subsidiary, Cumberland Coal Resources has resolved conditions at their facility and operations resumed in Greene County, Pennsylvania.
Alpha's president says while mining and coal shipments have resume, personnel are gradually ramping up operations while monitoring mine safety conditions.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting